Full-Time Temporary Maintenance Worker
Don Area Co-op is a 75-unit property located in downtown Toronto. It consists of 33 century homes and 8 townhouses built in 1985, scattered on four streets in Cabbagetown. The houses are of varied structure and styles and require maintenance services on an ongoing basis.
Employment is for a two-month contract, with the possibility of renewal. The Maintenance Worker works an average of 37.5 hours per week, with some flexibility in scheduling relative to special projects and the co-op’s needs. Some weekend work may be required.
The Maintenance Worker:
• Carries out minor electrical, plumbing, tub enclosure, carpentry, roofing, eavestrough, lock, painting and plastering repairs as assigned.
• Provides general care of the co-op’s buildings and grounds.
• Completes work orders and carries out tasks assigned by the Coordinator.
• Ensures that work areas are left tidy.
• Assists in the maintenance and repair of tools and equipment.
• Advises the Coordinator when there is a need of specialized tradespeople.
• Informs the Coordinator of work that is required.
• Fills in work orders with the appropriate information as directed.
• Purchases supplies approved by the Coordinator.
• Picks up and receives delivery of supplies.
• Advises the Coordinator when inventory items need restocking.
• Follows emergency procedures when emergencies occur during work hours.
• Moves appliances and other equipment.
• Provides unit access to trades as assigned.
• experience in residential maintenance, preferably in the co-operative or non-profit housing sector
• skilled in communication with an ability to maintain confidentiality
• skilled in time management and an ability to work independently
• First Aid and WHIMIS certification is an asset
The successful applicant will be subject to a police check.
Rate of Pay: $24.38 per hour
Start Date: February 13, 2023
Deadline for resume submission: January 31, 2022
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.