Opening Date: March 15, 2023
Closing Date: April 7, 2023
Reporting to: Co-ordinator
Part Time: 21 hours per week with some evening for Members’ Meetings
Start Date: April 17, 2023
Location: 15 Forty Third Street, Unit 104, Etobicoke, Ontario M8W 3P7
Are you an administrative professional looking for an opportunity to work with an organization that plays an integral part in transforming Toronto? Do you enjoy a fast-paced, challenging, and engaging environment? Join our team!
Forty Third Housing Co-operative (referred to as the Co-op), funded by the Province of Ontario and administered by the City of Toronto, is a 106-household, diverse community consisting of three walk-up (no elevator) apartment buildings.
The Co-op seeks an Administrative Assistant who will support the Co-ordinator on the day-to-day operations of the Co-op. The successful candidate must be highly organized, able to deal with competing priorities, and have excellent communication and time management skills. We are looking for a self-starter who is capable of a high degree of independence, utilizing tact and good judgment.
What We Need
• Excellent attention to detail and responsiveness
• Prioritization skills and ability to multitask
• Demonstrated ability to deal with situations and issues proactively
• Quick learner, especially with new systems and technology
• Takes initiative and has strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Exceptional and empathetic interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills in responding to inquiries from a variety of internal and
external stakeholders and people of diverse language and cultural backgrounds
• General office administration on the day-to-day operations
• Support to all standing committees and the other permanent staff
• Work with members to coordinate moving in and out of the Co-op
• Prepare Subsidy calculations
• Prepare and distribute notices and information to all members
What You Bring
• 2+ years of related work experience in a co-operative housing environment or office
• Demonstrated knowledge of office procedures and manual/electronic filing systems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Superior time management and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency with computerized business applications
• Working knowledge of RGI/Waitlists is required -training will be provided
What We Offer
• A chance to make a difference in a supportive and inclusive community
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Health & Dental Benefits
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Attention: Hiring Committee, Forty-Third Housing Cooperative
Three professional references must be provided at the interview.
Two references must be from past employers and one from a professional relationship.
References will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for the final round.
Please note that in addition to references, a police check will also be completed.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Forty Third Housing Co-operative thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted. Forty Third Housing Co-operative is an equal-
opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.